Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Bath & Leaving Your Body Map

I know a lot of you are wondering about the details for the maudlin of the Well Bath & Leaving Your Body Map box set.  I've recently been back in touch w/ Dark Symphonies and the release is still a go.  Here are the details that I'm planning for the set:

500 4xLP sets on 180 gram vinyl, housed in a matte black box with foil stamped motW logo on the cover
Each disc will be in its own full color inner sleeve
Bath vinyl will be black & yellow, half & half
Leaving Your Body Map will be black & red, half & half
I would like to include an 11x17 poster, or inserts as well

The original artwork was sold a long time ago and is no longer available for scanning to make the cover images vinyl size.  I'm going to discuss re-creating the images for this release, so they don't have to be printed at small scale to look clean.

Needless to say, this is going to be an awesome release.  I'm so glad we've been given the opportunity to bring these albums to life on vinyl, 10 years after their original release.  These are going to be quite expensive to produce, so I may need to start pre-orders early to get this monster off the ground.  I've got a goal of 200 pre-orders to make it happen.  It won't posted until all the artwork is finalized, since that is a moving target right now, with Kayo Dot touring in Europe through the end of February.  Once things are moving, I'll set a date for when the pre-order will be live and we'll see what happens!  Spread the word.

17 comments:

  1. You rock Shawn. I'll be sure to let my peeps know what's going on. I don't think 200 pre-orders is that out of reach for such a gnarly release.

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is "my fruit... psychobells" not on this? Just curious. A complete collection would make this a must buy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ZZalgern0n - Bath and LYBM are companion albums, which is why they're being put together as a set. MFP is also available for pressing, but it will be done individually.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool, thanks for the response. I'm in for all 3 :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Probably the best release 2011 will see on vinyl...probably.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Put me down for one! The sunburst part the Second vinyl is one of my prize possessions! Been waiting too long for this to be released on vinyl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This will be one of the greatest things ever. Will preorder as soon as able.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What would be the estimated pricing for this brilliant package?

    ReplyDelete
  9. @IMOK12 - Its still up in the air, depending on the number we make. If we can get more than 350 people to preorder, we'll do 500 and it will save everyone some money, but we're still finalizing the last details.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm really interested in obtaining a copy of this boxset, I'd like to preorder it (before everyone else snatches it up!) but I also don't know when/or where to do so. Is there a mailing list I could subscribe to that could notify me when its available for preorder?

    ReplyDelete
  11. herp derp, I discovered the button to subscribe. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. well, I really wonder when this will be available?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anyone know if there are any plans to re-release the albums on CD again? That would make me insanely happy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. "This will be one of the greatest things ever. Will preorder as soon as able." Me too :D

    ReplyDelete